Friday, October 4, 2013

Slow Progress Is Still Progress!

I have been flooded with boxes and goodies all week for my Barbie Dream House renovation into the Monster High Nightmare House! It looks like Christmas morning here! Or, in keeping with the Monster style of things: like Halloween! (Or like Ebay puked all over my porch!) 

I went to AC Moore today to look around and get some decorating ideas. It is the perfect time to do this! Halloween decorations are already going on sale! Up to 50% and 75% off!!! Wonderful stickers and scrapbook pages edgings that will look great at the top of a wall in a DOLLHOUSE!!! I filled one of the drawers!

I am putting the furniture in place so I know how to embellish the walls! Things have moved around quite a bit!

Draculaura had half the second floor but I didn't really like her great coffin bed hidden in a corner! (No one puts Baby's Coffin in a corner!!!)


Now she has the whole SECOND floor!!! (The unfinished coffin in the corner will be black with pink satin inside, filled with black roses!!!)


I found an Etsy shop called Lucid Junkie Designs that makes the most amazing miniature doll accessories! I bought candles, half-burned on a platter, and a jar of Raven's Blood for Draculara! (The candles really look like they were burning!!!)


And Lagoona's favourite food is sushi, of course! Aleksandra at Lucid Junkie makes a plate that makes ME hungry!!!


I also got some pancakes for Robecca Steam that I will show in a future post and Aleksandra makes a jar of "Ken's Tears" for Barbie that just made me laugh so hard!!! Check it out! LOL!

I also got a chaise lounge chair for Skelita that is just amazing! The Etsy store where I bought it is called Monster Nitezzzz!! They make beds and sofas specific to most characters and they were so nice! They sent me some scraps so I can make a rug to match and cover a couple of chair seats! Thanks, girls!!!


Oops! Sorry about that! The chaise lounge is so great that Skelita's sister Boneita lost her head!!! She's back to normal today!


The Coffin Bean, where the girls go for food and drink, is really neat and the colours of the couch and chair look great with the chaise! Some of the food on the shelves came with the set (which I bought on Ebay, WITH a Clawdeen doll, for $9.40!!!) but some of it is an eraser set for AC Moore that are just the perfect scale!


The top floor still needs some work. I just heard from a friend that her daughter has a bed to donate to the "cause"! Yay!!! It's barren up there!


Twyla's dust bunny, Dustin, is comfy cozy in the little bed that came with Abbey Bomidable's bed! But he looks a little worried at the lack of furniture! Nothing to hide under!!!


Right now, I am working on a beach chair that I got at AC Moore for $1!!! It's going to be really nice in sparkly black paint! The shell will be her side table top! It might take a few coats to get the sparkles just right! (Yes, I am OCD like that! I have to get in every crack and corner, just so!) 


I am getting more excited every day! This is going to be so much fun.......

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment