Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New Obsessions Need New Blogs!!!

This is the second leg of my doll blogs! I have a blog that reviews dolls under $50 (Affordable Dolls) and you can view that here. But, what to do, what to do when the dolls you buy to review start to inspire you???

START A NEW BLOG!!!

I have always loved dolls and doll houses. Working in the 1:12 scale (the most common doll house size) can be difficult, tough on the eyes! Working in the 1:3 scale (like American Girl, for instance) can be difficult also, tough when you have very small spaces! I have worked in both scales and loved them both! You can get very detailed results but, for the reasons I cited, both have been proved problematic for me. When confronted with the "in-between" 1:6 scale (fashion doll size, like Barbie), I didn't like the choices I was faced with. I was never a big Barbie fan and the high-end fashion dolls (like Tonner) can be very, very expensive! They are gorgeous but they would break my bank! Plus, fashion doesn't really hit home with me, I like a quirkier personality that the fashion models usually have. Doing my doll reviews, I have met my perfect fashion doll! I am totally obsessed with the Monster High dolls! I just love all the articulation! My Barbies never moved like this when I was growing up! You can pose them in amazing ways that convey so much emotion! They have their own little personalities! It is really neat too that they all have completely unique face molds so that when you line them all up, you can see all the slight differences. I have been gobbling these dolls up like popcorn at a movie! A Monster movie!!! At $15.99, or less, because some of these dolls are as low as $12.99 and at Toys R Us this week they are "Buy 1, Get One 50% Off", it is CRAZY!!! I am sold! I used to think they were a little too scantily clad for me but I see know that the clothes are short and tight but it allows the best movement of the doll and allows for more involved poses. Also, some come in pants and there have been shorts and sweats! I sound like I am trying to justify my 180 degree turn around (and I probably am!) but I do see another side. And I am very pleased with the view from here!

I recently went on Craigslist in hopes of finding some second hand dolls or a play set. What I found was an all-wood, 3 story Barbie house for $25!!! I am so excited! I am going to take it apart, paint it black, and personalize each of the floors to go with the Monster High theme! I am really thrilled to have this new project and my brain is going a mile a minute with all the crafty, creepy ideas!

(I LOVE that this has 2 storage drawers!!!)


My ghouls were NOT amused. Pink? Barbie? Whaaaat???

They started the makeover right away!


My ever-expanding band of Monsters will be living in the lap of luxury as soon as I can get supplies! You can watch it all unfold here because I will be going step by step and providing as many directions and/or tutorials as I can! (I say that because sometimes I get too excited and go too many steps ahead to really call them "tutorials"! But I will try my very best to show you what I am doing and how!)

So, STAY TUNED! The gloomiest is yet to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment